Friday 10 May 2013

VMCC meeting 7th May





Vintage Motorcycle Club meeting
Cricketers Arms at Pirbright
Tuesday 7th May

We have had a very nice few days and now it is coming to the end of the week the promise for better weather is receding fast. I have now sorted out my LE battery with a deal from M&P as it had been some time since I bought the battery before commissioning it. A rather cold and dismal winter got in the way. Last weekend I managed to get out to the Wey Valley Bike club meeting on the first Sunday of the month but didn’t do a run out but did hand out more fliers for the pound off Monday. I dropped into the museum to collect more fliers on the way home. I had planned to go out on Bank Holiday Monday to Lowesley for their motor festival but discovered I had the wrong May Bank Holiday so I didn’t go. There was a Hasting Bike festival going on but I decided that struggling with Bank Holiday traffic around the M25 was something I didn’t want to do either. Tuesday was the last of the good weather and the first Tuesday of the month and VMCC meeting night. I lured Gita out with me on the promise of a meal out and headed out around the M25 and down the M3 to Woking and on the Pirbright. It was a very pleasant ride out and the new bearings in the rear wheel, the Buell the bike was running well. Pirbright is not that far away about 27 miles and we were there as the sun was going down. Out with camera and burdened with fliers I did the rounds of people crowded between bikes and cars in the car park. 


There were some very nice bikes there and some oldies like an MZ 250. The MZ owners are going on a Continental trip and I interrupted their planning meeting. There were a goodly number of Velocette singles and someone had come out on a BSA Bantam trials bike. I ran into the guy who had loaned his MSS to the museum and wanted to know that it was OK. I had said that his request to turn the engine over periodically had been done. Time to get something to eat. Soft drinks ordered and now we find there is no food on this evening. We dine on crisps and peanuts. It is around 9pm and starting to get dark, some of the bikes with poor lights are starting to leave. I go around and hand out more fliers reminding people of the pound off Monday. Some of the guys already have fliers from previous bike club meetings but still have not gone to the museum. One guy asks me what the attendance is like for Monday, I reply that it is as good as the weekend and that the tea or coffee is still free. By 9:30 I think I have got nearly everyone so we gear up and head for home and a late bike to eat. It is cool and pleasant ride home and we arrive around 10pm. Even though Gita didn’t get the promised meal out in all it had been a very nice way to spend a Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment