Thursday 2 May 2013

Stafford Bike show Part 2




Part Two.

Saturday morning was even colder with heavy showers interspersed with fleeting sunshine. I had promised Gita a shopping moment and on the way to the show ground we found an antiques shop, a knitting shop and a craft shop. Entry was easy today but we were parked a long way from the traders entrance. Once in it was just too cold to walk around the traders stalls so we went up to the LE stand and met some old friends from when I first joined the LE club more than 40 years ago. I took a wad of fliers with me to leave them with the club stands and also take a few photos of the bikes at the show. 



We had lunch in the cafeteria but later we were told of a better place to eat. I managed nearly all the club stands with the “Unwanted” bike club taking a generous number of fliers as they had events they were going to in the near future and were willing to distribute them for me. I ran out of fliers a few times and had to return to the LE stand for more. On my rounds I saw a very interesting scooter. It was the aluminium bodied Maicomobile with trailer. 



I particularly liked an Ivory Calthorpe from an individual exhibitor. The show just sets the mind going and it requires some restraint not to feel you are in a candy store and buy something extravagant! During my rounds I ran into an old friend who lives locally and to my embarrassment couldn’t remember his name for ages. Finally I did and introduced Gita to him. I didn’t spend much time on the LE stand but there were enough people there anyway. 


Gita and I had had enough by 5:30 and we made our way back to the Travelodge via the centre of Stafford to see what was there. The day had been punctuated by sharp showers, some of hail forcing visitors into the halls for shelter. It was really crowded inside. 

We drove back in sunshine and it was the warmest part of the day. In the evening we were out to the Stag’s Leap for our evening meal. It was a good 20 minutes walk away from the centre of Rugeley. We hadn’t booked and there was nothing for us perhaps until 9pm. I said that was OK and I settled in for a few pints of Pedigree and Gita a red wine while we waited. Before I had got half way through my first pint a table was ready, we could sit and there was no rush to order. We ate and then went back to the Travelodge, did a little packing and planned what to do for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment