Friday 24 May 2013

Pre-show Preparations




Pre-Show Preparations

Kempton Park and the venue for the Southern Classic Bike Show this Saturday. I have not been out much over the last week as I over did it a little doing major DIY and am suffering for it. Needless to say that it didn’t stop me from going to the local 2CV club meeting on Monday night and during this week I have been constructing a bracket to help hold down an LE on my trailer. The last time the LE was on the trailer was going to and from the Stafford Classic Bike show where the tying down straps did a little damage to the paintwork even though there was padding there to stop that.. The idea of the bracket is to get the straps away from the body work and chafe something else not important. It was constructed with a few bits of angle iron, some strip, a few bits of bar and a bit of felt.  I welded it all together on my portable oxy-acetylene welder. I just don’t do enough of it to be any good.


 It was cleaned up and painted yesterday for one of the LE club members, Chris to borrow said bracket and trailer so he could get his LE to the show on Saturday. He is doing the test run for me. The bracket has a curved strip between the two pieces of angle so that the over the bike retaining strap is kept away from everything. The side bars are for the left and right straps to tie down from. The whole lot sits under the seat wedged onto the body that is protected by the felt. The over the bike strap should hold the bracket in place.




 As you can see I now have my new discounted battery in place and for the LE enthusiast who has converted his LE to 12 volts it is a YB7C-A. This morning I’m getting scissors sellotape and Bluetac together for putting up the pictures and drawings on the stand this afternoon. George is coming with me to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment