Saturday 25 July 2015

Gone West


Canada

            At the Wey Valley Advanced Motorcycle club night the other Thursday we had a presentation by Graham Field on his travels with an elderly Kawasaki KLR. He is an entertaining speaker and prompted me to buy two of his books which he kindly signed for me. One was “In Search of Greener Grass” and the other “Different Natures”. He had come on his KTM which was well loaded with books and his load was considerably lighter when he went on his way. 


            It was a night to remember being warm and pleasant when I left home on my return lightening was flashing over where I was going and it looked as though it was going to rain. My journey around the M25 was dry to start with and as a got closer to home the road changed from dry to flooded. It was not raining but the amount of water around was considerable. I pull off onto a slip road and put my oversuit on to try to keep dry. I still got home soaked and I had missed the heavy rain falling on me. The books in the top box of the Buell remained dry and will be my reading while on holiday. On Saturday I rode to Nottingham and back on the Buell and now I am committed to doing a presentation on my visit to the Enfield Shrine. On Monday I arrive in Toronto and pick up a hire car for a few days. Gita and I are staying with friends and we are close enough to have a visit to Niagara Falls. During the stay I search out the only Triumph dealer in the area and that is at Whitby about 20 miles north of Toronto. 

             I pay a visit but choose the wrong time of the day when everyone is very busy but I still get a excellent reception and a mug of tea, would you believe it, Yorkshire tea!
         
            
            




           



            
            It is a mega bike shop called GP bikes and he manager has promised to promote the museum and welcomed the fliers.  I see close up the new Ducati scrambler and that looks a mean machine. They have a very nicely restored T100 on display.




            Back in Toronto on a walk about I spot another Meriden Triumph looking sporty parked up. There is allot of bikes in and around the city and a prevalence of electric scooters and policing it all are guys on some very nicely turned out Harleys two of which were parked up in the afternoon sun.





No comments:

Post a Comment