Sunday 19 July 2015

After the BEN ride.



Chinnor Byke Dayz 2015

After winning a concours cup at the Paul Fynn Rally it was time to celebrate so after a quick change I was chauffeured out to the event. We arrived about 7:30 in plenty of time to have a walk around and hand out even more fliers to the unsuspecting. I even managed to hand one to the MAG Political correspondent, Lembit Opik and a feature is promised in the Road magazine at some point. 


Lots of traditional beer and enough rock music to keep everyone happy. Once again this year Shambollick entertained us with high wire gymnastics and some interesting juggling with fire and even more fire breathing to singe us all. This year it was warm enough without any pyrotechnics. My thanks goes to Wycombe MAG who put on the event and the proceeds have gone to supporting MAG and the local Air Ambulance Service.















I had too many things to do on the Sunday with the Observed Sunday on the first of every month and the Heathrow Classic Vehicle Show. Neither of which I managed to get to. I needed to be at the Wey Valley Club meeting point by 09:30 but as I didn't wake up until 10 so I figured it was best to stay where I was. The day ended up being filled with family stuff making any escape impossible.
Monday at the Museum was not busy with only a few visitors but the couple from Austin in Texas made the day worthwhile, talking bikes and history all afternoon. The next day I received an e-mail with photo from the couple they were very complimentary about the Museum and us Volunteers. This just makes what we do as Volunteers even more worthwhile.
After coming back from Luxembourg and discovering that the Valiant had been incontinent I had replaced the right tap insert and now discovered that the left one was not sealing either so I replaced the cork on the tap. Thursday was a blisteringly warm day and great for a run out with the Bike club with a trip around Surrey and Hampshire covering some 240 miles by the time I had got home. Saturday was another warm day and Gita and I had been invited by the organisers for the local 2CV club to take part in the Burnham Carnival near Slough. Another venue to hand out fliers and talk cars and bikes and have a pleasant afternoon in the sun.



Back at the Museum on Monday and a very wet start. It dried as the day went on and for this Monday we had a visitor from Toronto, Canada. The relevance of this will become evident in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment