Friday 12 July 2013

Chinnor Bike Dayz



6th July 2013.

It was something special as the sun roasted the place for the whole time. Organised by Wycombe MAG, the event, not the weather and dome very well too. I went there for a few hours on the Saturday before heading to the Bengal Medical Society event in Swindon for Saturday night and Sunday. Needless to say more fliers were handed out at the hotel where the event was held. Back to Chinnor and I went there on the Buell, I had planned to go on the Valiant but the oil seal failure prevented that and I made a donation to the Air Ambulance as my entry fee. Parked up I wandered round handing out fliers. A band was playing rock with the audience in the not very distant beer tent.




 Beyond the stage was the camping and it was full. There did not seem to be many people around as many were out on the ride around the area. One section was where the bikes were on display and it would have been where I would have parked the Valiant had I come on it. I had been invited to do that for this concourse. 

Some of the bikes looked fantastic even a BSA Bantam was there. On my rounds through the display I ran into an old friend who had bought my Harley FLT80. Selling that meant I could then buy the Buell. He was and still is pleased with it enjoying the comfort of a distinctive full dresser. He has many photos that his cousin took of the Isle of Man TT races from the fifties and sixties.  I have seen them and they are a treasure trove of long forgotten motorcycling heroes.  It is now close to 2pm and I have handed out all the fliers so I bid my farewells and head home and the big do in Swindon. As I was leaving the Air Ambulance did a fly-by to add to the spectacle.



Back at the Museum on Monday, this time on the LE as I have not yet got around to sorting out the gearbox oil seal, and another five visitors. Two of the visitors were from the efforts of having a stand at Brooklands. One of them was a bike artist and he does commissioned work and we spent some time discussing what was selling. He left some cards and a picture for us to sell. This was Barry John Lord motorcycle art if you want to look him up.  I read the European tour man account of his visit to London and he did not manage to get to the Museum, which was a shame, but my efforts at the Chinnor Bike Dayz rally near Princes Riseborough did bear fruit and a couple visited on the Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment