Friday 1 August 2014

Just Catching Up




Just Catching Up

Having fun with the Valiant trying to get it starting easily and trying to avoid the rain. I have managed to do both for most of July, but just a reminder of how bad the weather was at the end of June have a look at this video of one of the events I went to:-


At quieter moments I did discover that Pete is quite a cartoonist and here is one he did for a bike magazine. His interpretation of twin leading shoe front brakes. I know at least some of you can remember them!



So, what has been going on, well The Ivy has been out to another show and returned on Monday, I've been to the LE Velo club night on Tuesday. On the Valiant again just to prove it can start and run reasonably well and I have now put that one to the back of the garage while I get out and about on my LE. If anyone has had a look at my Facebook they will know I was out on the Buell last Thursday for a ROG's Run that went down to Hive beach for lunch at the fish restaurant there. Very nice and not far from Weymouth. I managed a round trip of some 305 miles for the day close to a record for a day trip but not quite as the most done on one of theses ROG's Runs was 322 miles. There were 20 bikes out for this trip and our first stop was at the Fighting Cock in the New Forrest.




I was out earlier this week in search of some elbow protectors as the ones for my Joe Rocket jacket had disintegrated and I had only wrist pads instead as they had moved to the bottom of the pocket in the arms. I visited Infinity Motorcycles at Hangar lane, they had none suitable and left some fliers and then did the giratory a couple of times to get around to the North Circular and J&S (formerly Hein Gericke) on the other side of the road, where they did have something that did the job. I, again, left fliers for the Museum and also received some in return as they are promoting the new shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment