Wednesday 20 August 2014

Jack's Fish and Chip shop



More for August

Monday at the Museum on the LE and it didn't run very well so Tuesday I discovered there was no compression on the left pot and it required a strip down of that side to discover a burnt out exhaust valve. This was only discovered when I started to grind in the valves and the exhaust valve had about a third of the seat not touching. Chuck it away and find another one from my box of bits. The replacement one was not in good condition and it took about an hour and more to get a reasonable finish for the seat. I have now got valve grinders wrist. It was a bit late in the day so I finished it Wednesday morning and it was all sorted by 10:30. There was enough time to get myself cleaned up and off to Jack's Fish and Chip shop on the A30 at Bagshott. I also needed to drop on a few bits to a 2CV friend who lives close by and I did not see on Monday at the local 2CVclub night. I thought I he might like them for the weekend. Jack's do deals for the senior members and it is a congregation point for vintage and classic bikers.

I knew I would not be there until after 1pm and I would miss the 12 to 1pm senior deal but I was on a mission so I had lunch before I left home. Out on the Buell for a brisk ride and still get to Jack's to see a good selection of bikes. There I met Velocette man who has an MSS at the Museum and today was out on his 1926 Triumph.





Even though I had been to Jack's before there were still people who did not know about he Museum. There are still some who know but have not yet visited. I am ever hopeful that another handout of fliers will get them to come along. I met a guy who had visited the Museum with the Enfield club the other week and he was impressed by our hospitality and how good the Museum is. There is a promise of another visit from the Enfield club and I do hope the Meteor comes along too.




I didn't stay long but I did manage lots of pics of the bikes I saw there. I thought the Honda engined Norton Commando was quite interesting




BSA Gold Flash,           AJS  big Twin    Pre War Harley and a BSA B33
 








No comments:

Post a Comment