Sunday 24 March 2013

2CV Club Trip to the London Motorcycle Museum





Sunday 24th March 2013.

At the end of January I lead a convoy of 3 2CVs on a trip out past Newlands corner for a pub lunch. It happened to be snowing that day curtailed our planned route on the lanes over the North Downs. Today we have only light flurries of snow and is my second trip out with the club this year and the trend is a snowy one. They have asked me not to do one in July. Last Wednesday I was out to the AJS and Matchless owners club meeting at the Black Horse in Greenford, not only to hand out the Monday discount fliers but also to check out the food before reserving a table for 8  to 10 people. You are never sure how many will turn up when the weather promises to be bad. Arriving at my house and congregating in Gita’s kitchen, Richard in his blue 2CV, followed by Peter in his red van and Olivier with his 2 youngest in tow in his 2CV. Eddie, my next door neighbour is not coming on the trip but will meet us with his wife at the pub for lunch. Four for the convoy. We leave just before 11 and around ten past we are at the museum. I do a quick photo shoot and we are quickly inside.


 I have promised to do the guided tour and commence my dialogue. About 2 hours later and more photos under the Meriden clock we depart for the pub.


 Some have bleeding ears from my diatribe and need refreshments. We arrive just before 1pm, get some drinks and wait for Jenny and Eddie before ordering food. Eddie and Jenny arrive and we order mostly the roast dinners. They do not take long to be served and soon we are tucking into to some very nice food. 


There is good conversation and some excellent funny stories. Those who visited the museum were very impressed with the way the bikes were displayed and enjoyed it very much. Worth the effort on getting out on a very cold Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment