Tuesday 5 July 2016

Windsor Great Park Run 2016




BEN Charity Ride

throughWindsor Great Park 2016

Normally I'm a bit sharper at getting things done but over the last couple of weeks I've been out and about quite a bit so computer time has been limited. Now it's catch up time having done the usual bike check for the run the little Velocette Valiant's exhaust crackled its way over some 63 miles on the Saturday, using not a lot of fuel but I think and equivalent amount of oil. Pleased I wasn't following me! The main delay has been getting the forty or so minutes of video down to something watchable without being too boring so now you can see what I've been up to

https://youtu.be/VWV3ms5Eysk

This time around I returned the “Bully Cup” awarded last year and now I have had to return it for someone else to win. This year the bike turnout was not so good and like most events like this the enthusiast is torn between which one to go to. 


Winners this year were a 1932 Francis Barnet in the pre 1945 class and the Rumi in the post 1945 class.




 Both deserved winners. The proceedings were interrupted by a heavy shower but other than that an enjoyable afternoon dishing out fliers for the Museum. An uneventful trip home kept the day sweet.


I was not sure if I was going to get to it, as rain clouds loomed again on the Sunday there was a fund raising event for the Museum organised by Dave Goddard at the Crown Pub Colham green Road Hillingdon. I turned up on the Valiant to hand out fliers and go around with the collection bucket. I met up with Francis Barnet man again and he won another prize for best bike! This day I got one too for the Valiant. There were some very nice bikes there and I was particularly taken with the bright blue RAC outfit. Our great thanks to everyone who was there and gave us some very generous donations making it possible to stay open a bit longer.

 Back at the Museum on the Monday but not able to get to Cassington in the evening, I had talked so much during the day that I had no voice left to do any more. However I had recovered enough to get the Kawasaki and Buell MOT'd during the week and got out to Chinnor Byke Dayz on the Friday evening to help put the welcome pack together and for me this meant putting Museum fliers along with a bike shop flier and voting cards into the program. After doing that I headed home not staying for the first bands of the weekend as I had to be in Swindon early next day. This year there were Seventeen!!!!! Non stop entertainment and well worth going along so time to put it in the diary for next year as the first weekend in July.


No comments:

Post a Comment