Monday 30 May 2016

More Velocettes



Velocette Day at Brooklands.


One of our guys from the LE Club contacted me about going to the Velocette Day at Brooklands, I thought about about it for a millisecond and agreed to meet up at Brooklands on the day. His LE is sick with a poorly clutch that needs stripping apart. For this event I had a choice, LE or Valiant. I decide that after my cold and wet experience on the LE I thought something warm would be nice. Checked over and it was at the front of the garage I set out early on this Sunday morning with strict instructions to be back by one! If you have ever been with us at Wey Valley for a “Back by One Run” it never is and back by two is a better description. It was a pleasant run with only a few “silly” drivers on the way. There journey was some 20 miles and took me over an hour from Hayes to Weybridge. 



No sooner I had arrived Paul from the LE club was there too. He had seen me go by as he walked up from the station. My LE was the only one there and as it is a bit special it generated quite a bit of interest. There were some very nice big Velocettes there with KTTs, KSSs, MSSs, MACs and a very special vee twin with a couple of MACs strung together. I did like the green Vee Line with the full fairing. 






I left a whole load of fliers at the reception and handed out loads more as people went by viewing the bikes. Today I had a bottle of water with me and I didn't loose my voice. I also had the foresight to put on sun tan cream to not look like a lobster as I was using an open face helmet. I know I look manic wearing Halcyon goggles! I had to leave by twelve but that went by the board as, meeting up with Denis Frost, club historian and out and out Velocette man, he introduced me to Geoff Dodkin, Velocette dealer for many years and now retired knew of the dealer I had used at Brislington in Bristol. He was interested in what I had done to my LE. 



With a couple more photos taken and my bottle of water refreshed from a tap to top up the LE radiator before setting off for home I said goodbye to Paul and then raced off up the hill to the exit only changing into second gear at the top buzzing the engine quite hard. Another pleasant and even warmer trip home I arrived only 40 minutes late. About right for a “Back By One”

No comments:

Post a Comment