Tuesday 17 September 2013

After Ally Pally



Out for the day on a bike ride
Thursday 12th September 2013.

At the beginning of the week I am doing another stint at the Museum and returning the LE engine and gearbox cutaway. Sam is there to open up and he tells me that the salon Privee event has honoured the Triumph Trophy with second prize in the concourse at the show. 




Looks like the Museum has had a successful few days with the Valiant getting runner up in the Best of British. The Valiant did not run well on the way home and I did not get around to checking it over until Wednesday when on a test run out I tried out one of the mini camcorders attached to the handlebars of the bike and there is a posting on utube of the first effort. Follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bstDJh4tQks&feature=youtu.be
It’s not the full journey and is only 3 minutes long. You can see how smooth the Valiant is as the camera is solidly fixed to the handlebars. This trip out was to Hayes as I needed to put some cheques into the bank and on returning to the bike one gentleman was hovering. He finally asked me if he could take some picture of the bike. I agreed and removed the tank bag and stood well back so he could have an uninterrupted view of the Valiant. He had never seen one before and wondered what it was. I took the opportunity to tell him about it and the Museum where he could see more vintage bikes. Moving on it may seem that I am the only one doing things but within the team Pete has reported back to me on what he has been up to recently. He is also frequently out to club meetings and shops spreading the word last week at Liberty Motorcycles who do training, Rose MOT centre at Sunbury on Thames and Richardson’s in the High street, Feltham who has put up a LMM poster as well as having the fliers. Now we get to Thursday and my Wey Valley Bike Club run out with the ROG’s politely this is referred to as the Retired Old Gentlemen and Thursday started a bit wet before drying up and being quite pleasant at the end of the afternoon. 


I kept my waterproof oversuit on all morning to ward off the evil rain fairy with a great deal of success as the group headed towards Eastbourne and lunch of moules et frites at the Belgian Cafe on the sea front.




All in all a very nice ride out only covering some 226 miles for the day. This was quite a small group with new faces that were not aware of the existence of the museum. So, everywhere I go I have fliers with me to hand out to the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment