Sunday 10 February 2013

Scootermania

Something for the museum
 I have been writing articles for bike club magazines  for a  number of years and now I have time on my hands I started a Facebook page. Most of the Facebook stuff has been about my motorcycling escapades and the voluntary work for the London Motorcycle museum. Saturday 9th February I managed to get to see Scootermania at the Coventry Transport Museum. It was an exceptional display of British scooters, the collection of Robin Spalding who I happened to see there.I took lots of pictures and have put them in a collage for the LMM. I also left a big bundle of fliers.


Collage for the LMM.

When I turned up at the museum in the car on Sunday, as the very cold wet rain tends to keep me on four wheels rather than two I was a little surprised at the request to do a blog! So I thought about it for a second or perhaps two and decided I would give it a go. This is the first real blog of many I hope and will recount my endeavours to get out to meet bikers and get them to come along to the museum.There are many interesting stories that go along with this and as needed will help to fill the page along with a photo or two. Many have already been told on my Facebook page so I will apologise now for any  duplication you may encounter.

Jerry. a.m.c.m.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment