Wednesday 20 February 2013

Bristol Classic Bike Show 2013

 




                                          www.london-motorcycle-museum.org

 I travelled to Bristol to see family over the weekend and arranged to meet up with my brothers at the Bristol Classic Bike Show on the Sunday at Shepton Mallet. Friday and Saturday I was tour guide for Bristol as my wife had never been to the city. Great fun doing the shopping areas combined with some site seeing and a bit of jazz at the Old Duke on Friday night. A few pints helped. So Sunday was the best of the weekend and another opportunity to visit  the bike club stands and do a little promotion for the

museum. I also enjoyed the Real Cornish Pasties from the vendor at the back of the auto jumble area. I am told I am now a genuine member of the Real Cornish Pastie Club having eaten a couple of giant ones during the day! I managed nearly all the clubs running out of fliers and finally using a business card to pass on the details of the museum. One good fellow took a picture of it on his mobile phone. I was there from the opening to the  closing and spent nearly the whole day talking to people at the club stands about the museum to get them to organise club runs and come and pay us a visit. A good suggestion is to include a trip to the Ace Cafe for some food as there are only soft drinks and few biscuits to be had. One stand still had the fliers from last year!  The museum is a wealth of information for people rebuilding bikes and there is usually someone around who is lithe enough to get over the barrier and take some photos for you. When I dropped in at the museum on the Monday morning  one poor soul, who had a flier, phoned the museum to see if we had their kick start lever. They had left it on the desk at the stand where I was visiting. I could not remember where that was so one club has been left a present. I dropped into Reg Allens bike shop to relay the events of the show and to pick up more fliers. These are now a single sheet of A5 and have a token printed in one corner for a pound off for a Monday visit. You just might catch me there on one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment