Tuesday 21 May 2019

More from the SCBS 2019





More from the SCBS 2019

Back at the Museum on the Monday after the Bike Show and time to reflect on the bikes at the show. As always there were some choice pieces of kit and below are a few of the bikes I thought were particularly good.
The Ariel 4 valver. Very rare.



Matchless G2, I had one of these. I liked it.



Douglas, 1914 with gearbox below the rear cylinder.



BSA C12.



BSA round tanker 1926




This Monday was an international affair with visitors from New Zealand, South Africa, America, Canada, Japan and this nice young lady from Latvia who wanted a picture of her sitting on my LE.
The bike is no prize winner as it does get used. I rode it to the show on Saturday and again to the Museum. After the picture shoot I fired up the LE and gave her a ride around the car park. She loves bikes and really enjoyed the experience. She said it was a very light and easy to handle machine. My surprise was that I managed the rise and fall of the slope two up and didn’t fall off on the uphill slope turn at the top of the car park and the engine pulled very well, even cold. Not bad from a 192cc engine that is 56 years old. Here are some pics taken by our regular visitor Martin.


No comments:

Post a Comment