Tuesday 8 September 2015

2015 Two Stroke Challenge


Two Stroke Challenge

It seems ages ago that I was out on a ROG's Run having a great time in the sun enjoying a blat around Sussex and Hampshire then to whizz off to Barnsley for the August Bank Holiday to be part of the UK Assam Association and present my visit to the Enfield Shrine near Chotila. It was also printed in their newsletter.























While in Barnsley I stayed at the Ramada Inn, where I left some fliers and also at the Holiday Inn where the event took place. On reception there there was a biker who has promised to pay the Museum a visit. I also met a couple of guys, father and son who had met up to do the Dales and the Moors on their bikes. The son had come from Lincoln and the father from Edinburgh. They had good weather as it only became very wet on the Sunday night and a little on the Monday. Car trouble kept me at home during the week but on Saturday I was off to Jack Lilleys for the start of the Two Stroke Challenge they are sponsoring. Portsmouth to Porto on some not very new bikes and camping too! I have posted the start on Youtube and can be found on this link:- 

They should be back in about 2 weeks.

Sunday got me out and about with Wey Valley Advanced Motorcycle Club back by one run with our coffee break at the Chalet Transport Cafe at Cowfold. Lucky for me as arriving at the same time were the Sussex Vintage Motorcycle Club. 



They had been to the Museum last year as a coach trip. One guy was there on his pre-war Triumph twin and that very nicely presented as were all their bikes. I spent most of my time in the car park handing out fliers and talking to people. 

Later on in the afternoon was the Shere Hill Climb that the WVAMC went on to visit but I had to head for home and missed out on all the fun. Perhaps next year?

Also going on over the weekend was Salon Privee where the Museum was also represented with the Tiger 80 on display.
Monday, back at the Museum, and reporting back about what I had been up too and picking up more fliers for next weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment