Wednesday 5 August 2015

Back to Toronto



Back to Toronto

After leaving the Yamaha at the hire shop we were collected and taken back to our friends house out on the south side of Winnipeg and on the way along Pembina highway I spotted another motorcycle shop that was a multi dealership. I thought it would be a place not to miss, but as it was late in the day I thought I could fit in a visit in the morning. This was arranged and we did. It turned out to be an exceptional place.



Wildwood is a Triumph, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha and any thing else you can think of type of dealer. Just in the door there was a well restored Triumph T120 in pride of place on a plinth and as I walked around more gems met the eye.



There were half a dozen Ducati 250 pre-desmos on a shelf. It would have been a real treat for Pete (of Tales from the Tarmac) to see them but he will have to make do with just the photos.



I was privileged to be able to see a BSA Rocket Gold Star just restored in the workshop. It looked magnificent! It turned that the boss of the place liked old British bikes in particular BSAs and he was not there to talk to as he was out racing his Gold Star!



I spent a long time there, not only looking at the bikes, I do like the new Ducati Scrambler, and trying on some different bike gear. I have a Joe Rocket Phantom 4 jacket that is mainly mesh and I was looking for a replacement I also have the Apollo pants that have a zip out air vent. I found a jacket replacement in the Olympia Airflow 4. They have an Airflow pants too but not with a short leg. Olympia is an American company that don't do short legs! What a shame because other than that it would have been a great summer riding set up. I know I should have bought them but I didn't. Looks like I'll have the Rocket gear for a bit longer. Another time perhaps, we flew out of Winnipeg that afternoon and back to Toronto arriving late that night. The next day was fun as I sampled more Canadian beer and found a brewery not far where we were staying. I did enjoy the product of the Steam Whistle Brewery! There are 18 micro breweries around Toronto making a variety of ales, pilsners and ciders. Something for everyone!



Back at the Museum on Monday and we had some 23 visitors from Canada, Finland, France and the Surrey AJS and Matchless Owners club to help fill the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment