Sunday 13 July 2014

A New Visitor





The Ivy Arrives

I have been at the Chinnor Byke Dayz all weekend having fun enjoying the real ales and music that Wycombe MAG put on. I was there for fun but also to represent the Museum handing out fliers and soaking up the atmosphere. It rained on Friday night and I have the Valiant in the tent with me. Old bikes and rain do not mix well.




I did the ride out on the Valiant, and got very wet again in the monsoon rain storms that were brief but heavy. The Museum had two free ticket in the raffle so it added to the promotion. I managed to get some fliers put into the “goody bag” which was a bit sparse so there are thought about what could be done for next year. On the run out I just happened to park next to a very nicely restored Triumph at the stop.





I handed out more fliers at the concours show and the Valiant was parked up in one corner of the arena. No prizes today but as I had Museum fliers taped to the spokes I'm not surprised. I did win a bottle of scotch instead in the raffle. So there was something to take home.




It was a very good event having live music from 1pm to 1am and there were some very good bands there too. Real ale and good food always helps. I'm going to have to put this one on the calendar for next year. I would recommend this event for a musicfest. As you probably gather, I liked it. Monday back at the Museum on the Valiant and I missed the rain today! During the morning we had a surprise visitor in this case it was an unusual 1924 Ivy motorcycle. It does look the classic for that year and after getting it out of the van we put it in the tea room to have close look at it. Another opportunity to take more photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment