Friday 21 March 2014

The Ormonde



The Ormonde on an outing


I just happened to drop into the Museum on the Sunday to have an update from Bill about what has been going on in my absence and while I was there the owner of the 1902 Ormonde was in to take it out of display in preparation for exhibiting it at the Stafford Classic bike show at the end of April. It was an opportunity not to be missed to take some more pictures of the other side of the bike. It is relatively light and was removed from display with a bit of muscle. It is still at the Museum but now located in the barn waiting for some TLC in readiness for the show. It is surprising what happens when an old bike is just standing there and reveals some of its history.



Out in the sunshine






On the side you are not able to see some of the original paintwork reveals itself.





Mysteriously broken pipework.










The engine number is finally found.







On my travels, later in the day I see something that is a rare sight on our roads today it was bright yellow and turned out to be a modern Triumph outfit heading around the north circular.





During last week I was out and about around Uxbridge and ran into another biker who has lots of biking friends and I passed on a number of Monday discount fliers for him and his mates. I do hope they come and make use of the offer. Also during last week I have set the ball rolling for getting a stand, again this year, at the Southern Classic Bike show at the end of May for the LE Velocette Owners Club. If you look up the EGP Enterprises web site you will be able to see last years winners. Among them were the Tiger cub from the Museum and my Velocette Valiant. I have found another Classic Motorcycle magazine from February 1993 about a BSA M20 and I will be following that up some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment