Sunday 9 June 2013

Where has last week gone!




Where has last week gone!

I look back over the last ten days and since the Southern Classic bike show life seems to have gathered pace. Tuesday after the show was the LE club meeting with one Chris returning my trailer and me passing the show stuff back to the other Chris for storage for the nest event which I think will be Ali Pali in September. I had to use the car to tow the trailer back home. I haven’t got a tow ball on any of the bikes. More DIY at home and building a cat table in the garden so that the cat can leap on and off it instead of charging at the wood fence, trying to crash through it before realising it is not possible and then crawling up the remainder of it claw over claw. It saves me from wondering what all the noise is about. 



We get to the first Sunday of the month and out with the Wey Valley bike club that meets at Ripley. More fliers handed out. I thought I had saturated the club by now, but there are still people who don’t know about the Museum. I was a bit short on time this morning so missed out on the back by one run but went with Graham and some guys visiting from Somerset to the Ride Safe promotion at the Fire Station at Hazelmere. Nice to ride in close formation with a group and still obeying the two second rule.




Handing out more fliers there to some of the locals but also the Honda owners club and the Christian Bikers Association both pledged to come and pay the Museum a visit on club runs. Monday, back on duty at the Museum on the Valiant and we had a visitor from New Zealand. He had come in on Saturday while his wife was shopping and had come in again while his wife was still shopping. He did meet his wife in the interim. He would like to come again to us but he will have to return to New Zealand soon and may never visit to the Museum again!  Tuesday was the continuing saga of decorating with a trip out to the Stag at Flackwell Heath in the evening.


A nice trip out on the Buell and meeting up with more friends from Wycombe MAG. A few more fliers handed out and lots of cards for me to pass on to the Museum about the Chinnor Bike Dayz at the beginning of July also reminding me of the Lion Rally taking place at Reading. I want some tickets for this but the ticket holder had been loaded up all day with bits for the forthcoming Lion Rally and had none with her. Never mind, I would get some on Saturday at the Rally. I like to think I know what is happening at the Museum but not today, I had a lovely surprise when they said they were having their club night at the Museum on Tuesday 18th June with a barbie! I hope the weather will be good I plan to be there to help out with the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment